“If you want to get things you can’t buy in a store, you have to do things never thought of before.” -- Dr. Seuss

Monday, January 24, 2011

I Had One Before Anthropologie!

Earlier this month I went to http://www.anthropologie.com/ to look around for some inspiration and this little wise guy was looking at me I did a double take and oh yeah thats my owl! Well sort of, its like the one I have.

this photo from the anthropologie catalog
And this is mine, an Owl cookie jar from the Shawnee Pottery from the 40's and 50's a company from Zanesville, Ohio. the company closed in 1961 so someone somewhere got the mold or recreated it!

Theirs looks more green were mine is gray.


They even made salt and pepper shakers and these can be found in a lot of antique shops.






I collect Shawnee Pottery and have several cookie jars, pitchers, tea pots, vases, planters, and salt & pepper shakers.


7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - that is so cute!!! And - I like yours better... the stories it must have to hoot about!!!

    ;-D robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute....and you have the S&P....you win!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's old is new again - love your story! Your cookie jar and shakers are just adorable. Evidently Anthropologie agrees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate your vintage one! It's a little sad that "they" are making repo's of so many vintage goodies.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are exquisite! What a wonderful collection. And it's always nice to have your good taste validated by a big style-maker like Anthropologie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by to let you know I gave you some awesome awards on my blog so stop by and check them out when you have a chance :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

01 09 10