“If you want to get things you can’t buy in a store, you have to do things never thought of before.” -- Dr. Seuss

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Table Redo

Early summer I found these two tables at a yard sale for $2.00 a piece, had to have them to redo. One is missing the table top and I will let my daughters boyfriend have that one to redo. He works part time for a wood worker who make furniture out of old wood. I did the other table!

This one!
I forgot to take during photos but it was an easy project. I primed all the would I was going to paint and painted it a linen white. We had the paint when my daughter painted her bedroom furniture. Then used craft paint (raw umber) and some water to make a glaze to antique it.

Added music paper from an old booklet, using mod podge. I did the edges first, trimmed and sanded then did the top. I trimmed and sanded the edges again.


I removed the old knob and added a wooden one that I painted black.



The music pages I tore the edges before gluing them down. I saved one sheet with a cool title to add as my last piece for interest, Moon Mist!
It was a fun project, I took it to my Mom's yard sale but did not sell it, had some lookers, I believe it is too different an item for yard sale goers, but I did sell my quilted window shelf I had in an earlier post and one of my yardstick stars.


4 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! You took a $2 table and transformed it into something really neat! Not many people can see the potential behind some pieces, but you sure can. That's really cool!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your table turned out! I like the possibilities for that other one too. I wish I could buy some of the cheap pieces of furniture that I see at garage sales, and then redo them, but I'd need a bigger house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great table re-do! The sheet music on the top is a nice addition. I found when you try to sell our kind of neat "junk" at a yard sale...there are a lot of people who just don't get it. They're the ones who are looking for the old broken frying pan & the outgrown kids clothes, and the other junk that we don't want! I find people looking at me strangly sometimes when I'm obviously excited about finding a pile of old letters, and a rusty crusty metal whatsit!! Oh well...viva la difference! Have agreat Sunday *elaine*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good job! It will sell eventually I'm sure. Try Craig's List?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

01 09 10